List of on-page SEO strategies
On-page SEO refers to making changes to a website with the aim to rank higher on Google.
1. Title tag: It must be under 60 characters. Contain the keyword.
2. Meta description: It must be under 160 characters. Callout. Value proposition. CTA.
3. Interesting & readable content: Use Google’s FAQs and Hemingway.
4. Header: Have at least one h1 tag and one h2 tag.
5. Image Alt Text: Add alt text to images for better accessibility and relevance.
6. Page load speed: Use PageSpeed Insights. Optimise loading times by compressing images and using caching.
7. Internal links: Copy the existing page URL. Go to “Pages” in WordPress. Paste the URL in the search bar.
8. Footnotes: Use a citation creator. Have at least three footnotes. Don’t forget to link the URL.
9. URL structure. Rarely an issue. Make sure that it does not contain “?”.
10. Author bio. At the least, include a description and a photo. Mention why you are a trustworthy source.
11. Intent: A keyword can have the intent of being informational or for contacting. Use clear and compelling CTAs to guide user behaviour.
12. Keyword optimization: Add keywords and variations of the keyword in written content. Think of a word graph.
13. Mobile-responsiveness: Make the browser window narrow.